As I’ve been settling into this new way of working, I’ve been thinking about how I can best help business owners in this time of change.
From what I’ve seen, organisations seem to be reacting in one of three ways right now. They are:
- Making quick decisions to either reduce staff numbers and/or remuneration immediately, or
- Taking less drastic action to manage in the short term while they wait and see what will happen after the lockdown period, or
- Thinking already about how they want their organisations to operate in the post lockdown world.
For those of you who don’t fall into the first camp, there is a question you should be thinking about: How can you make changes to your team so your business can better survive the effects of Covid19?
You might have ideas about how to reinvent your business to operate in a post lockdown world. But how do you implement those?
For starters, you need to be crystal clear about where to focus your time and energy. Then:
- Look at whether there’s a better way to organise who does what in your team to fit with your new way of working. You’ll need to keep the make-up of your team flexible enough to adapt more quickly to changing circumstances.
- Understand who might be best for each of the roles in your reorganised team.
- Lead your business in a way that keeps the morale, the way you work, the culture of your team intact while you ride this wave of change.
If you can get that part right, you’ll reduce your sense of overwhelm, feel more confident in your decisions (even the hard ones), provide more certainty for your team, stabilise your business, be more nimble to change going forward, and make the most of any opportunities you find in these unusual times.
If you’d like help with any of the above now or when the time is right, or you just want an impartial ear to run any ideas past, don’t hesitate to get in touch. I’d be happy to help.
Get in touch here.